What we do behind the scenes is extremely complex. We wear a lot of different hats in order to work together with our customers on their data and getting the best results. What it looks like to you depends a lot on your position in the company... And, at the bottom of the page, we show an ROI snapshot for 3 different customers.
What the Company/Ownership Sees...
- ROI: For every 10 minutes we spend addressing issues with our system, we save an average 60 minutes of damage control in normal procedures, and reduce report-to-resolution time by more than 1 week on average. For every $1 spent on our services, our customers generally see between $6.70-10.40 in direct ROI. If you include soft costs like work-hours saved, longer avg. stay of drivers that leave, and other factors, it's much higher. (See ROI snapshots below)
- Improved Retention: In a 600 driver New Hire case study, drivers that reported their basic concerns about issues like freight planning, low mileage, and running areas, and had them recorded in our system for monitoring turned over at 25%, compared to the drivers that did not and turned over at 42%. This was with minimal intervention compared to what teams are doing now on their own internally with our system.
- Real-Time, Exportable Charting and Data: Want to get more hands on with individual team coaching? This dashboard will show you where to focus your attention to have the most impact. Want to know what your team leaders are struggling with most according to the drivers trying to work for them? This dashboard will give you materials and case info to take into the meetings to jumpstart things and keep it focused. There are endless ways to use the data as an ownership figure.
- Measuring the Un-Measurable: How many drivers at your company have a sick kid or family member in the hospital? How many work just for the insurance? How many are happy? How many I/C's want specific items in the next change to the pay package? How likely is a driver to leave after reporting a concern so I can train my staff to take that issue seriously? These are questions that used to be difficult to answer. Now, it takes a little data entry, but it's all accessible. After a few months of data collection, we can tell our customers how long they have to solve problems before drivers are more likely to leave, how much money they could save by addressing an issue, and how much they've already spent because of it. This allows them to create policies and protocols for behavior confidently, train their teams to respond more effectively, and save money.
What the Manager/Dispatcher Sees...
- Improved Inter-Departmental Communication & Accountability: No more department silos. The facts speak for themselves. Each interaction is documented and retrievable. They can be used as training materials for both groups and one-on-one coaching sessions. If something isn't being handled as well as it could be by any team or team member, the data will show it, the conversations are less adversarial and anecdotal, and the result is faster, more adaptive group leadership. A chronic problem will be caught and addressed up to 2-3+ months faster.
- Improved Visibility On Problem Areas: Driver feedback is automatically charted down to the individual dispatcher, and several other unique variables. This allows team leaders to see how individual teams or team members perform compared to others, and which issues may be best to discuss one-on-one with team leaders or members during coaching.
- Improved Behavioral Performance & Uniformity: Over time, as the team experiences increased transparency and discussion about their behaviors and how they impact the drivers, the entire group begins to have a more uniform understanding of what acceptable and exemplary performance looks like. This happens normally in the workplace, but often over long periods of time, and with lots of variance between individuals. This process of transparent and immediate engagement when there are issues speeds this up exponentially.
What the Driver Sees...
- Improved Response Times: Drivers that have their issues reported through our system see response times and response results improve dramatically. Every case study resulted in an avg. improvement of >1week in report-to-resolution time for higher-order issues like personal conflicts, low mileage, and other major turnover drivers.
- Improved Transparency: All the feedback you collect can be used as marketing tools and info. You can even use the system to collect specific data in mere days to use for that purpose. You will have real-time stats on how many drivers are having which kinds of problems, and be able to share more accurate fleet-wide feedback data with your drivers and recruits than almost any other carrier in the marketplace. If you don't control this conversation, it will happen without you, and their numbers will be rumor-fueled rather than fact-based.
- Improved Driver Satisfaction: The drivers that experience working with teams that use our system are more likely to stay, because the companies and teams using our system are providing a work environment and experience worth continuing. There's no gimmick, no points and trinkets. We help you be a company for which drivers want to work, not one at which they need to be convinced to stay repeatedly.
What We've Achieved
ROI Snapshots for 3 customers
- ~$45M Ann. Revenue
- ~200 trucks, 80 O/O’s,
- Regional, Home Weekly
- Full fleet survey and conflict assistance
- Annual Turnover went from 65-70% to 29%
- New Hire 6mo survival rate has remained 75% or better
- New Hire losses reduced by 50%
- Cost: $36k/yr
- Savings: $60k+/yr plus gains in productivity, and custom data, studies, and training
- ~$350M Ann. Revenue
- ~1700-1800 trucks
- OTR New Hires Only
- OTR, Out 2 Weeks
- Check-ins and conflict assistance; first 90 days
- Control group study with only half all new OTR’s
- CDLH group retained 14-20 MORE drivers per 100 hired in first 6mos.
- Customer switched to all OTR New Hires on program, and consistently saves 17 more drivers per 100 hired. Plus, data-focused training, materials, and ongoing analysis.
- Cost: $36k/yr
- Savings: $250k+/yr
- ~$35M Ann. Revenue
- ~150 trucks, Company
- OTR ,Out 2 Weeks+
- Full fleet surveying and conflict logging; 9 mos
- This customer did not proactively use the data, and still saw improvement!
- Avg. Stay of lost drivers increased by 297 days year-over-year
- New Hire <6mo loss rate cut by 30% year over year after only 9 months
- Cost: $27k
- ROI: Avg. $142k more revenue per driver before exit